In Windows 10, you decide when and how to get the latest updates to keep your device running smoothly and safely. To manage options and view available updates, select Check for Windows Updates . Alternatively, select the Start button and then Settings > Updates and security > Windows Update .
Here are some other information you may find useful:
- If you get an error message when you try to update, see Troubleshoot Windows Update .
- If you’re trying to activate Windows 10, see Activation in Windows 10 for more information.
- If you have problems installing updates, see Troubleshoot Windows 10 update problems .
- For answers to frequently asked questions, see Windows Update: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS .
- To download the latest major update for Windows 10, see Get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update .