Do you want to change the look of your apartment / house, but you have no idea how to do it? We know what you feel. Many people have the same. The number of available solutions is so overwhelming that it is difficult to find the perfect ones from this thicket of proposals. It is normal that when looking for an idea you have to go through a lot of inspirations and find the most interesting and most suited to the rooms that are to be transformed. Only then will a satisfactory effect be achieved.
We will suggest how to change the look of the interior with simple techniques. You will learn the rules of their application based on specific examples.
At the same time, we encourage you to get inspiration from many sources, both industry newspapers and interior design blogs. This is where you can find suggestions that will work great in your interior.
Metamorphosis 1: Optical enlargement of a small apartment / studio
Are you complaining that you have a small space at your disposal? You can’t afford to buy a bigger apartment? Nothing is lost. Thanks to a few treatments, you are able to optically enlarge the usable space in your apartment. How to do it?
– Demolish the walls – demolishing the wall will give the impression of spaciousness. Living rooms open to kitchens are perfect for small apartments. If you use the same wall colors and the same floor texture in these rooms, the rooms will automatically appear larger.
– White wall colors are the best for small rooms, because it is this shade that reflects light best. You can also use other bright colors. The brighter the better.
– White furniture – in small rooms there must be bright furniture, preferably with glossy fronts, from which the light can reflect.
– Give up patterned accessories – large, geometric patterns will not work in small rooms. They will be an overwhelming element, not a magnifying one. If you want to use accessories with decorative accents, then only small, inconspicuous ones.
Metamorphosis 2: Introducing a cozy atmosphere to the interior
Unfortunately, it often happens that clients of design offices complain that their interiors are too cold, not cozy and they simply do not feel comfortable or safe in them. The trick is to create a beautiful, effective and at the same time cozy interior. However, you can achieve this effect:
– selection of materials – wood, ceramics, white glass are the materials from which furniture for cozy interiors should be made. It is worth introducing stylish chests of drawers in natural wooden colors into the room,
– accessories – it is worth putting on wicker baskets, soft cushions, and plants
– curtains and curtains – unshielded like glass create a very harsh atmosphere into the room. By using textile window covers, you can minimize this effect. You can opt for plain or patterned curtains, depending on the type of interior you are dealing with. Roman blinds are also a good proposition,
– lighting – the key to introducing a cozy atmosphere into the interior is spot lighting placed in the right way in several places in the room. You can combine hanging lamps, sconces, halogen lamps and standing lamps. The temperature of the light is also important here – it should be warm, with a value greater than 3300 K. It is also worth introducing candles to the room.
Metamorphosis 3: The child grows, so does his room
There comes a moment in every parent’s life to turn a child’s room into a room for a teenager. It is a very big challenge, because today’s youth is very demanding when it comes to interior design:
– the basic rule is not to arrange a youth room to suit your own taste, but the child’s taste. The space is to meet the emotional and developmental needs of a young person. It should be synonymous with individualism and creativity,
– furniture – should provide both a place to study and relax. Functional, in line with the child’s interests, they will be the best. In addition, they should look modern,
– an original gadget – young people are mostly gadget lovers, so they will be happy to have a hanging armchair in their room – a hammock,
– colors – a children’s room and a youth room are distinguished primarily by colors. In the case of young children, they should be cheerful and lively. Young people usually require subdued colors, i.e. beige, brown and gray.