Surely many of you wondered if it is possible to download a video placed on Facebook at all , and if so, how can it be done? Contrary to appearances, it is not difficult at all and it does not matter whether we own a given movie or not. I invite you to read!
I am the owner of the video, what should I do?
This is the simplest possible option and applies to situations where we put the movie ourselves or, for example, a person we employ on a profile managed by us. Then it is possible to use the tools available directly on the website. Here are the steps to follow step by step:
- Select the advertising panel on Facebook and expand it by clicking on the ” all tools ” icon ,
- Select the Movies tab from the expanded menu,
- Right-click on the movie you are interested in and select the „download video” option.
How to download a movie from FB?
The situation when we posted videos on Facebook via Fanpage is a bit more complicated . What should you do then?
- Go to our Fanpage and select the ” publishing tools ” tab ,
- Go to the Movies tab and choose the video that interests us,
- Details will be displayed with the video. Then we select the post in which we placed the recording,
- We start playing the video and zoom in on the image, then select the ” Download movie ” option . Facebook gives us the ability to download recordings in two resolutions – HD and SD. Remember that HD recordings can be downloaded for a long time if we have a slow internet connection, but their quality will be better.
Can I download a movie from FB if I don’t own it?
Yes of course. It’s just a bit more complicated. Two methods are most popular
1. Internet video download portals
There are many of them on the web. All we need is the url of the recording, which we paste into the portal. How to get it?
- All you have to do is right-click on the movie and then select ” show url „.
- The displayed link should be pasted directly into the program we are using and then download the converted video.
- Very often in the program, we can choose the output format and resolution of the file. This has a direct impact on the conversion time and size of the recording.
2. Using the mobile version of Facebook
The beginning is the same as in the first method. We display the movie and copy its url. The difference is that after copying the address, we have to paste it in a new tab of the web browser by adding a letter with a dot „m” in front of the Facebook domain. (m.facebook.com/…).
Thanks to this, we will gain access to the mobile version of the portal and an alternative list of commands under the right mouse button. One of them is ” Download video„. All you have to do is save it to the disk and it’s ready.
Downloading videos from FB
As you can see, downloading a video from Facebook is not difficult at all, so we can archive the materials we need. We can additionally download a plug-in for the Chrome browser from Facebook , which speeds up the entire process.
IT IS WORTH REMEMBERING, HOWEVER, THAT THE MATERIALS POSTED ON SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES (OF ALL) ARE ALSO PROTECTED BY THE INDUSTRIAL AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW. SO WE CANNOT CARELESSLY USE SOMEONE ELSE’S ADVERTISEMENTS, SPOTS OR RECORDINGS TO ADVERTISE OUR OWN COMPANY AND GENERATE PROFITS. WE RUN THE RISK OF GETTING IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW.