We publish various content on Facebook . After some time, we even start to feel ashamed. Sometimes it happens that we ourselves upload a photo that we would like to remove from the portal after some time, because we simply do not like it anymore. Sometimes, however, it also happens that someone of our friends posted a photo on the social network that we do not accept or which, even worse, compromises our person. So how do you remove unwanted photos from Facebook?
Removing photos from your own Facebook profile
If you want to remove a photo from your own fb profile that you once posted in your gallery, it only takes a few steps to finally get rid of the unwanted photo.
- Go to your profile and click on the ” Photos ” box.
- Then go to ” Your Photos „.
- Now all you have to do is find the photo you want to get rid of and open it.
- Click on the ” Options ” box at the bottom of the photo
- then select the action ” Delete this photo ” from the drop-down list .
- Facebook will ask you if you are sure – just confirm your decision and it’s ready – the photo is no longer on the portal.
In the case of the mobile application, the situation is very similar. The issue of deleting your own photos is very intuitive and there is actually nothing difficult and complicated about it.
Remove photos from someone’s profile
If you want to delete a Facebook photo that was published by your friend – the situation may be more or less complicated. Sometimes it is enough to simply point out to your friend that the photo with your image posted on the web is offensive and out of place to you.
The best final will be if your friend respects your request and simply deletes the photo you don’t want. But what if the situation is not so clear and my friend refuses to remove the photo?
How do I delete a Facebook photo added by a friend?
If the photo does not affect your personal sphere and the only thing you care about is that other friends do not have the opportunity to find it – just remove the tag:
- Go to your profile and in the „Photos” field,
- then stay under „Photos you are in”.
- Find the photo you don’t like and want to get rid of and click on it.
- The „Options” field will appear at the bottom.
- After clicking on the inscription from the drop-down list, select „Remove tag” and confirm your choice.
If you don’t want your friend to find out that you removed the marker, you can use the second variant.
All you need to do is to select the „Hide on timeline” option from the drop-down list after opening the unwanted photo under the name and surname of your friend and the date the photo was posted.
In this way, you will get rid of the photo and people unrelated to your friend will never reach him, and the friend will not be angry that you do not agree to the publication of joint photos with you.
Removing photos from Fb
It is a bit different when it comes to removing photos that compromise and humiliate you in any way. Deleting a tag or hiding a photo in the timeline is no solution, as other people and friends of your friends will still be able to see your unwanted photos that you are simply ashamed of.
Then there is only one option:
- Find the compromising photo and open it.
- Then, from the options at the bottom, select the field that says „Options” and select „Get support or report a photo” from the drop-down list.
- Describe the situation in detail.
- The data controller should fix this problem as soon as possible and remove any content compromising you.